This post would be ideally suited for someone who has previous experience of working in health care who would like to expand their management experience.
The ideal candidate will Lead and manage the patient experience, from a non-clinical perspective, at all Outpatient locations.
The Outpatient Clinic Manager will be responsible for maintaining efficient room schedules at each of the Outpatient centres and working with the consultants to ensure maximum utilisation of all the centres.
They will be a key contact for all consultants and actively assist them with any requirements.
The Outpatient clinic manager will line manage the Front of House team and be responsible for communication with those team members (1-1’s, team meetings, appraisals) and ensuring sufficient staffing to meet required demands.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO:
To take responsibility for the design, development, delivery, continual improvement and operational efficiency of the Outpatient centres.
* Maintain strong and effective relationships and dialogue with all practicing consultants who deliver patient services
* Provide a timely, efficient and courteous provision of Outpatient services to the agreed standards of the department, taking account of the patient/clients clinical, physical and cultural needs.
* Accountable for the efficient management of consulting rooms and other patient areas; the maintenance and monitoring of agreed service standards; and the handling of all issues and complaints arising.
* Overall responsibility for the patient management system – including implementing changes and training all relevant users.
* To work closely with the Lead Radiographers, OP sisters and back office teams to ensure a seamless personalised service for all our patients.
* Take an innovative approach to the development of services, maximising the use of digitalisation to deliver excellent customer service
* Responsible for the providing excellent service to the high-profile patients while they are attending the clinic.
* Evaluate levels of client and consultant satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
* Deal with client and consultant requests in an efficient and professional manner and always respond to consultant requests in a positive manner.
* Oversee the front of house to ensure that clients are greeted, checked in/out and escorted throughout the clinic efficiently, courteously and professionally by all team members.
* Ensure all self-pay payments are taken by the front of house team at the time of appointment and there is complete transparency of charges for all appointments.
* Ensure questionnaires are completed by all patients attending the clinic.
* Report any building issues to FM and ensure they are addressed & rectified quickly.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
– Previous experience of Managing in a healthcare setting in the Private sector
– Extensive Front of House experience
– Good understanding of the impact of the customer / patient experience on business and patient outcomes
– Previous experience of working with Consultants in the Private sector
– Excellent communication skills
– Experience using and managing patient management systems
– Able to handle sensitive information without compromising confidentiality
– Flexible hands on attitude